Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Halloween Library Card Drawer


Hello again!  It's Deb here with more Halloween decor!  Last year I bought this cute little library drawer as part of a Christmas kit, and I decided that it would be fun to change out the cards inside for the various holidays, so here's a little sampling of what's in it for Halloween.


The cards in the first slot are ATC sized.  Here's a haunted house street sign embellished with a glittery enamel dot, pointing the way to the spooky house up on the hill.  


The next slot is a little deeper.  It's got a Bingo card with mini candy corn markers, and another haunted house card.


This one is a clean and simple layout where the patterned paper does all the work.  It is accented with a ghost and a sparkling champagne jewel.


My dad was a pharmacist, as was my grandfather, so I am always drawn to old bottles...here's a potion bottle of Halloween microbes, complete with skull and crossbones warning, and swirling jewel bling "aroma."



The tallest card in the back slot is a coffin-shaped card.  I really wanted to stamp this one with wood-grain, but didn't have a wood-grained stamp, so spider webs had to do!  The hinges are nailed with orange pearl brads which brings in some Halloween color, but screw brads might have been even cuter!



I had a blast working on this last weekend.  I sat on the floor surrounded by Halloween stamps and papers and inks, watching football and crafting all day.  It was fun to use some of my favorite papers from my stash and a few stamps that haven't seen the light of day in a year or too.  I will be adding to this little collection as the days, weeks, and even years go by! Such a fun project!

Enjoy your week!  Don't eat too much of that Halloween candy you just bought!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun that I will probably keep adding to it, and definitely will make cards for other holidays so I can change 'em out!

      Delete