Monday, December 5, 2016

Christmas Stocking Gift Card Holder

Today I created a Christmas Stocking that holds a secret gift card inside.



I created my own template and traced it once onto the polka dot paper and a second time onto the red paper for the back of the stocking.  I paper pieced the heel and toe and then added faux stitching.  My faux stitching looks a lot like my real stitching ... a little uneven and wonky ... but as my Grandma always told me "That's how they'll know it's hand-made".


I adhered the bottom of the stocking together and only taped the sides around the top, so the gift card has a place to slip inside.  The top is about 4 1/4" wide flap that I decorated with Merry Christmas Washi Tape and Oval Gems before tying it closed with coordinating ribbon.


When you slide off the ribbon, this is what it looks like inside ... decorated with some Silver Star Washi tape for sparkle.

Products used:

Have you followed Eyelet Outlet on Twitter yet?  How about Facebook?



You can visit me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling

No comments:

Post a Comment