Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Washi Washi Wonderful

If you have some Eyelet Outlet Washi Tape, you're just minutes away from making your own custom background papers.



I start with scraps of paper (in this case, ivory cardstock) and cover it with rows of washi (vertical, horizontal, diagonal ... your choice) starting in the middle and moving outward alternating sides.  

I use my non-stick sheet and extend the tape beyond the scrap so I can trim the sides to get a nice even finish.

For the first card I used this adorable Cat Love Washi Tape that has a vertical design.
The tape coordinates perfectly with the Kitty Brads.  


My layout features this week's CAS(E) this Sketch together with a Paper Smooches Charmed Cat Two sentiment.

The next one used Awesome Washi Tape paired with a new Water Bottle Brad.


Layout is from Can You CASE it? and stamps are from Simon Says Stamp Running with Your Heart.

And the final card features the fabulous Book Washi Tape.  When I finished covering the paper, it felt like a Harry Potter Library ... so that is the theme I used.


I cut my tape-covered paper into three equal panels using a sketch from Try Stampin' - or Not - on Tuesday.  


I added a Sketched Owl Brad & Compass Brad and computer generated my sentiment.  I think it will be a great graduation card.

Products used:

Have you followed Eyelet Outlet on Twitter yet?  How about Facebook?



You can visit me in blogland at Ingenious Inkling


No comments:

Post a Comment