Saturday, April 15, 2017

For All You Do

Hi there.  Kim from Katydid Cards, happy to be here with you today.

I'm using a product with which I haven't had much experience, the Solid Colored Paper Flowers.   I thoroughly enjoyed working with them and can't wait to try again on another project.



For my card today, I used the White and Light Pink flower packs.  They come in packs of 40 in three different sizes.   For the flower centers, I used the Amber 10mm Silver Edged Brads.


These flowers stand out beautifully against the turquoise blue of this card-in-a-box "mason jar".   Mason Jars remind me of homespun goodness; so I thought it was a perfect backdrop for this Mother's Day card.




I sponged the flowers to add a little depth to them.  Yellow in the centers of all and pink on the outer edges of the pink flowers...the ridges in the paper flowers take the color beautifully.  I used the medium and small flowers to make white flower in the back and the large and medium on the pink flower in the foreground.

I wanted small flowers to accent, so I tried using a punch on the petals of the largest flower.  They cut beautifully!  I didn't have small, single rhinestones for the centers of the small flowers, so I cut a few from the Clear Swirl Bling after coloring them with a Copic marker to match the larger stones.


For the sentiment, I made something very simple using the Alex Brush font in gray to match the lid.



That's it for today.  Thanks for joining me!  See you next Saturday!


Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy Did!

8 comments:

  1. I love the pretty flowers! Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment.

      Delete
  2. Wow ... what a super-cool bouquet that never needs more water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Stephanie! That's my kind of bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim this is beautiful!!! Love the flower arrangement and those gorgeous centers!!! I feel the same way about mason jars (I grew up on homemade jam/jelly & pickles all bottled in mason jars by my Mama ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you knock the ball out of the park, miss kim, EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete