Saturday, June 10, 2017

Nothing But the Fox

Hi folks!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.  So happy to be with you!

One of the new additions to the Eyelet Outlet store are these adorable Fox Brads, so I just had to make a card using them.




I used the standing fox, but I'm eager to make another card using the cute sleeping fox as well...so cute!




I created a card base with a peek-a-boo feature, so that I could embellish to my heart's content but still let the fox be the star of the show.  I used Peach Parfait card stock to coordinate well with the fox.  I added some Ruby Red and Garden Green accents.  Whisper White was used for all the printing.  I used a woodland digital paper or the tree background. Three trees from the collection were used as a backdrop for the fox.

The greeting, a play on the phrase The facts...and nothing but the facts, may elude some people as my sense of punny is sometimes extreme.  I bet my DT sister, Lauren, got it immediately as she has the same sort of humor which you can see in this post.

Here's a closer look at the fox in the woods and a nice little accent using the Green Glitter Enamel Dots.  I've loved these enamel dots since I used them on my very first Eyelet Outlet project.




Inside, I continued with the fox theme.  I thought this was particularly cute for one of my friends who is a "mature" woman.  She will get a real kick out of this!



It has been a real pleasure spending time with you today and look forward to the next time we get together.



Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is adorable and I looove the pun. Fabulous job with the fox. Love the peek-a-boo feature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. I particularly like this card for some reason...I'm glad you do, too!

      Delete
  2. i loooooove what you've done with, "just the fox, ma'am!!!!!" :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you remember that show, too! LOL I bet a great many people who looked at this card are too young to appreciate that line!

      Delete
  3. Perfect patterned paper for this brad. I also love fox in the circle.

    ReplyDelete