Saturday, August 26, 2017

Big Winner!


Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with you today!

I thought these Dice Brads were pretty cool, so I wanted to used them on a card.  As you can see, they come in red and white and they're a big winner in my book.



I pictured tossing dice, so I wanted my card to have that look.  What better way to accomplish that than to make a penny slider card.  Here's a look:


 And here's we have the dice midway through the slider:



And at the end:



I used Jackpot II digital patterned paper from Stampin' Up.  Picking the Soft Suede from the patterned paper, I used that for my card base.  The black portion was printed with Very Vanilla for the greeting.  Bazzill's green card stock reminds me of the craps table, right down to the texture.  Sliders are very popular these days and there are so many dies now which aids you in making sliders in many different sizes and angles.  I want to share a closer look at the slider mechanism:


Aren't those dice great?  Now I want to use the white on another card or project!  For the inside of my card, I used a sentiment I thought would work well with the dice.  I printed it on Very Vanilla and placed it on another patterned paper from the set.
 


Odds are I'll be back soon with another project. In fact, you can bet on it!






Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!


2 comments:

  1. Super card, fab. use of the dice brads. I love a spinner card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spinners of all kinds, Barbara. Plus, with the penny spinners, I get to give people my "two cents" and they can't stop me, lol! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete