Saturday, November 11, 2017

Merry & Bright

Hi folks.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and today I'm sharing two cards for the holidays.

I love making Christmas cards and I love making them early so I'm not hustling at the last minute to get them done!  These have been finished for a while, but I have so many Eyelet Outlet cards to share with you I just don't know which to show you first.  I thought it best to get to post these sooner than later in case you wanted to make something similar...that'll give you time to get your EO supplies.

First up is a twisted easel card using the Holiday Light Brads and the Clear Jewel Bling Strips.  This little reindeer is all "caught up" in his decorating efforts!




I used the Christmas Reindeer with Lights #52259 cut file from the Silhouette Design Store as well as a Halloween Twisted Easel card #95892 (from which I removed the Halloween elements obviously ;-)  To coordinate with the lights, I found digital patterned paper and cardstock.  I love this card's whimsical look.  Here's a closer look at these adorable Holiday Light Brads:


My second card was made using the Wreath Brads and allowing it to be the star of the show!  I also used the Skinny Yellow Washi Tape on either side of the focal panel to set it off beautifully.



I used the Stampin' Up Christmas Lamppost Thinlits Die, cutting it from the panel and separately from Basic Black cardstock.  Back to the panel, I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks for the first time and, oh my, do I love these inks.  They apply like "butta"!  I applied the color Broken China first, applying it to the entire panel except for the areas behind the lights.  Next, I added some Salty Ocean randomly and finished up on the upper perimeter with Faded Jeans.  Finally, I added some Fossilized Amber in the areas behind the lights.

I sprayed it liberally with Shimmer Spritz before inserting the Basic Black and Daffodil Delight pieces for a beautiful inset look.  The Shimmer Spritz pulled the color from the blue so that it looks like snow!  I added Embossing Paste across the bottom and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over it while it was still wet.

When everything was dry, I added the wreath.  Love it!  I think this is going to be my Christmas card this year...if you're on my list, turn away!  LOL  Get your Wreaths from Eyelet Outlet now as I may buy them out!


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment