Saturday, December 23, 2017

Bling on the Hearts


Hello, everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards with a wish for the happiest of holidays to each and every one of you!

It seems odd, I know, to be posting with Valentine's Day cards before Christmas!  But, as card makers, we need to be ahead of the curve if we want to get all the supplies to make those cards and get them out in time, right?

Speaking of supplies, have you seen the new Heart Jewel Bling at Eyelet Outlet yet?  It's so pretty!  And there are so many other products in the store with hearts from which to choose.  Here's the whole list! 

Today I'm using the Heart Jewel Bling I mentioned above on two cards.  My first card features the hearts as balloons held by a little bear.  Additionally, I used Red Jewel Bling across the top.  See the little "pull" tab at the top of his head?



When you pull on it, he looks like he's soaring.  He slides up a secret invisible track, a secret which I'm going to share with you!  Look for Slider Mechanism on the Freebies page.



Here's a closer look at the balloons and you can just make out the slits cut in the patterned paper from the I {Heart} You kit by TheDigiChick.  The bear is from Paper Crafting World.  I changed it to mirror the shape of the hearts.



And here's the sentiment which plays off the high-flying bear.  I used the Heart Pearls-Sticky Back as an accent.



My next card suspends the hearts on clear thread.  The threads are secured between the mats and the card front.   The sentiment plays off the hearts suspended on the thread.






Since you can see the hearts from both sides of the aperture, I placed another heart directly over the back.  This keeps them nice and snug on the thread while looking great from both sides as they dance on the thread. 



Inside, a continuation of the thought.  I made use of the negative space after cutting the aperture my sentiment and mat.




 That's all for today.  I'm off to finish wrapping my presents.


Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!


No comments:

Post a Comment