Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Road Trip

Hello.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards.

There are times in life when you ask the big questions.  With Easter coming next month, it's only natural one of those questions would be, "how did the Easter egg" originate.  I mean, hasn't that kept you up at night?

Well, my card today addresses this and finally puts this issue to rest.  These two checks are about to have a heart to heart where the truth comes out!

 



To make my card I used Eyelet Outlet's Egg and Colored Egg Brads.  I wanted to dress the colored eggs up for Easter and, in doing so, I discovered these brads take Stickles Glitter Glue perfectly.  I had fun decorating them!

Here's a closer look at the eggs on the front and the label.  The chicken images are from Penny Black.  I stamped them and scanned them into my Silhouette to trace around them to print and cut.  I also traced their wings so they could hold their eggs.





I made the card base with a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store.  I added the layers and label for interest.  And speaking of interest, I used Checked Washi Tape in Purple as the pleated trim around the perimeter of the card front.  Turns out it's easy to do...just another way to use washi.  I dusted the back with an Embossing Buddy to remove any tackiness.

Here's a linkhttp://eyeletoutlet.blogspot.com/2017/03/easter-basket-shadow-box-card.html to the Easter card I made last year using the colored eggs.  I can't get enough of them.


Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

2 comments: